Day Three / Hour 1: Hospitality & Hospitality Industry
10-10:50am: Hospitality & Hospitality Industry
- Challenge: Employees may consider hospitality to be only found in hotels and restaurants. They may also think hospitality as a complicated concept or something that can only be performed in a series of steps
- Solution: Students should know the golden rule of hospitality and understand that service is about treating guests like a close friend
Key Teaching Points:
- Golden Rule of Hospitality
- Hospitality should be incorporated into any business (you can take these principles anywhere)
- The hospitality industry’s size and wide-reach
- What does hospitality mean to you and examples of great hospitality.
- Have groups of students write everything they know about the topic on the board. Ask students to verbally elaborate on statements they have written.
10:50-11:00am: 10 MINUTES BREAK