Day One / Hour 1: Mandela Approach
10-10:50am: Mandela Approach
- Challenge: Saira is coming into the community as an outsider
- Solution: Saira needs to hear about students’ feelings towards the hotel partner, understand the challenges they are facing as an individual and a community, and what information they want to learn during the course
Key Teaching Points:
- Introduce students to each other
- What are the challenges facing hotels/hotel operators in their view?
- What are their non-hospitality related challenges?
- What does service excellence mean to them?
- Why do we care about tourism? Do we care about return guests?
- Introduction football
10:50-11:00am: 10 MINUTES BREAK